17 August 2011

Glee Season 1



Glee is a musical comedy-drama television series, launched by Fox Broadcasting company. Its first episode for Season 1 aired on May 19, 2009, and has a total of 22 episodes for the whole season. It was produced by Ryan Murphy, Brad Falchuk and Dante Di Loreto.

The series is all about the high school show choir New Directions, from the fictional McKinley High School. For season 1, it shows how they reform the club, went through series of activities and practices, and make it to sectionals, then regionals alongside people who contradicts on reforming the club, especially the head of the cheerleading squad, Sue Sylvester.

Cast
Matthew Morrison Will Schuester
Jane Lynch Sue Sylvester
Jayma Mays Emma Pillsburry
Jessalyn Gilsig Terri Schuester
Leah Michele Rachel Berry
Cory Monteith Finn Hudson
Amber Riley Mercedes Jones
Chris Colfer Kurt Hummel
Kevin McHale Artie Abrams
Jenna Ushkowitz Tina Cohen-Chang
Mark Salling Noah 'Puck' Puckerman
Dianna Agron Quinn Fabray

Recurring Guests
Patrick Gallagher Ken Tanaka
Iqbal Theba Principal Figgins
Stephen Tobolowsky Sandy Ryerson
Mike O'Malley Burt Hummel
Romy Rosemont Carol Hudson
Naya Rivera Sanatana Lopez
Heather Morris Brittany Pears
Harry Shum, Jr. Mike Chang
Jonathan Groff Jesse St. James

REEL Review
When I was watching the first episode, I stopped after about 10 minutes. I dunno, I just got bored. Sometimes I just don't want so much talking. But when some of my friends began talking about Glee, especially the songs they have been singing in each episodes, I felt the need of watching as well. So I started again with episode 1, and found out that it is not that actually boring. Maybe I just don't feel like watching the first time that I did. When they started performing number, oh... this is it! This is getting more entertaining. I love it when they performed Don't Stop Believing.

When watching this series, I always look forward to their performance. And also, each character is getting more interesting. The conflict between Finn, Quinn, Rachel and Puck, the sabotage attempts of Sue through Santana and Britanny, Will's determination to reach regionals despite his wife's melodramatic lie on conceiving a child.

The show also projects some social and moral issues. This results to some critics sounding out negative feedbacks, not with the show as a musical series, but as to what it really wants to acquaint to the viewers. But reality bites. The characters in Glee portray people in the real world. It all depends on how you handle everything and preserve your identity.

My favorite episode is Sectionals (episode 13). After their performance, I just found myself clapping. Good choice of songs, good voices, good performance.

Glee is one hell of a musical ride. Benevolent characters, freehearted sense humor and well-contrived music all in one package equals fun! Very imaginative.


0 comments:

 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...